Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is a CYFRA+ receiver compatible with a sky tv dish?

I have a bos and card for CYFRA+ the Polish TV. I have a sky dish, will it work with the dish or do I need one of theirs?|||Go for Polsat instead! Only joking.





Cyfra+ is the polish subsidiary of the famous French broadcaster Canal+.





Sky use the Astra satellites, whereas Cyfra+ uses Astra and Hotbird.





There should be no technical incompatibility, but you may find the dish is too small and pointed at the wrong angle- I think you may need an 80cm dish but I haven't found anywhere that tells me whether I'm right or not.





It should be relatively easy to change the dish though, you should just need to unbolt the old one and replace with the new one- no new wiring should be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment