Friday, December 16, 2011

How do I connect my DVD recorder to my satellite dish and TV?

I purchased a DVD recorder over the holidays and I'm trying to connect it to my satellite dish and TV. I thought it was going to be simple like the connecting my regular DVD player, but it's not. So far I can play DVDs on it, but I cannot it to record anything. Help!|||Connect the cable box to the DVR then the DVR to the TV.|||Your satellite programming may be copy protected (good old Macrovision) (if not all programs, certainly most of them).


Since DVD recorders have NO satellite tuners , loopback via coax is not going to work.


If your TV has video output, use that to feed your Recorder.


If your TV has no video out, check if the set-top supports dual video out (one to TV one to recorder), otherwise you need to feed S-Video (or composite) to DVD recorder and output that to the TV - pretty lousy quality (provided there is no Macrovision).





My recommendation, pay $5/per month and get a set-top with a PVR from your satellite provider. It is worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment