Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dish TV destroyed my DVD recorder. Who can I go to for help?

I sent my DVD recorder to dish by mistake, instead of their receiver, when I canceled service. Upon discovering the error, I called. Dish tv stated it is their policy to destroy all non dish equiptment. No notification. No compensation. There was no atempt to contact me to return it at my expense. NOTHING! End of story. Who do I go to to get resolution? Is there an outside agency that police these satelite providers?|||I get why your mad but you should be mad at yourself. They didn't steal it. You mailed it to them ! Ive see a video of their receiving center, its almost 100% automated. A human doesn't even touch them until they are disassembled. Don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect, but you should accept responsibility for this, you mad a pretty big mistake.|||With all the complaints about Dish Network, DirecTV, Comcast, Time-Warner, Charter and just about every other TV service provider you can think of, what's a TV viewer to do?





I guess you could go back to rabbit ears, but you'd probably find something to complain about with those, too!

Report Abuse


|||Sounds to me like this is rather criminal. I'd start with the Better Business Bureau and consider reporting it to the police.|||The question is: how do you prove that you sent them a DVR vs any other box (say a DVD player or a Comcast set-top box, etc.) or that even that DVR was working or had any value?


It is your responsibility to send them the right box. I know it is not what you want, but we do learn from our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment