Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Are there any other satellite tv providers other then direct tv or dish network?

I live in a pretty remote area in central Florida and I do not have the option of getting cable (which I prefer). I have looked into and know people who have both direct tv and dish network, I am not terribly impressed. I also am not interested in watching TV through my PC. Does anyone know of any other service or provider that might be more worthwile?|||I doubt that you'll be impressed with any of the others, either. At least, I'm not.


http://tv.about.com/od/usasatelliteprovi鈥?/a>





DISH and DirecTV are called DBS (Direct Broadcast Satellite) systems because they're in the market specifically to provide a multitude of channels and services from a single satellite. There are many other satellites which also carry television programming, but they're not available for subscription. Basically, you need your own dish and receiver, with the capability of changing the aim to pick up different satellites, and preferrably an electronic locking system that zeros in on the optimum signal strength of that satellite. Many of the satellites' program content is also scrambled, and the encoding changes monthly to prevent unauthorized decoding. Such systems are a lot more expensive than subscription service, but can offer much more versatility of content, too.|||As the other poster mentioned, you aren't going to be any happier with the others either. I would suggest Directv myself, but that is up to you.|||I would suggest Direct Tv myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment