Saturday, December 24, 2011

Help programming Dish from my old tv to my new tv?

Ok so I got a new TV today and I wanted to plug my old dish to the new tv. My dish didn't have a receiver because my main TV in my living room did, so we only needed one receiver for two TVs. But the TVs weren't mirroring each other. My old TV was just connected via the regular cable, cable (the one that has a thin copper wire in it) I hooked it up to the new TV and ran auto program but nothing happened. Thanks in advance|||OK, I'm a little confused here. TV's don't have satellite receivers built in. So, what you must have is a dual tuner satellite receiver connected to two TVs.





In that case, the TV was connected either by coax cable (the round stuff with a screw on connector on the end) or A/V cables (yellow / red / white cables).





If you are using coax, then connect this to the antenna input of the TV, set the TV for antenna tuning and scan for channels. The TV will usually need to be set to either channel 3 or 4.





If you are using A/V cables, then connect them to the appropriate color inputs on the TV and select that input. The input number should be labeled by the connector.|||Hi, Need to know more about the new TV. What is the make and model of the new TV. Make sure the New TV is set to cable in.

No comments:

Post a Comment