Saturday, December 24, 2011

I am debating switching from Dish Network to Direct TV?

Does anyone have perspective on the value and experience of Direct TV vs. Dish Network? I have had Dish for years now and am tired of the high prices. It seems as though Direct TV has more HD channels and my local channels in HD, which Dish does not.





Has anyone either made the switch or currently use Direct TV?





Any info is greatly appreciated.|||If it's a cost issue, DTV is generally more expensive but has better quality. If you want to sign up with DTV they do have good discounts for new customers as long a you pass the credit check.





HD access fee - $9.99/month





leasing fee for 2nd and each additional reciever $4.99/month per reciever. No leasing fee on first reciever.





Lowest package you would have to start with to get free HD reciever is Choice Xtra $57.99/ month





HD/DVR recievers available for $99





new customers get $18 off for 12 months





so it would be $57.99 + $9.99 + leasing fees for DTV -$18 per month for a year.|||I switched when I moved. I had Dish Network, now I have Direct TV.


i prefer Direct TV, but there isn't really that much difference. The one area where Direct TV blows Dish Network away is in customer service. Anytime I have ever had a problem Direct TV has handled it perfectly.|||i can tell you i made that switch a few years back and im much happied with directv then dish. I was always going down with dish and the bill was never the same at directv its cheaper and more reliable.|||ya i have had directv for about 10 years now and enjoy it. im addicted to NFL sunday ticket, and they do have more HD channels, which is sweet. if you have a HDDVR, they now offer ONDEMAND. it works differently than cable, but it still is cool, you download it from the internet on the DVR. but i have had them for a while and enjoy it.|||Had both.


Dish network does not work well on the coast.


The wind blows......pppfffttttttttt.


No TV.


Which really pissed me off for the price I was paying.


And I really didn't get any more from it than I was getting from the local cable company at HALF the price.


Then I moved and had Direct TV.


I REALLY liked Direct TV.


More stuff, easier to surf, easier to find shows to TIVO, which is the best invention since white bread.


In a storm you CAN lose signal but it wasn't too bad.


I'd say for the money.....Direct TV is your best bet.


And it's really almost as cheap as cable is these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment