Friday, December 16, 2011

Should I replace my cable TV with Dish TV? The Dish cost less, but will I have quality issues with Dish TV?

I can save close to $100 on my internet, phone, TV cable service if I switch from comcast to ATT. My wife thinks dish TV will give us signal problems and doesn't want to convert. I want to give it a try. Any opinions?|||You will get excellent picture and audio results with Dish. If the system is properly installed, you should only experience a short outage during an extremly heavy rain storm. And storms like this are rare. The outage will last for only a few minutes. You will hear many stories about satellite going out during light storms or cloudy days, this is due to the dish not being properly aligned for maxium signal or an obstuction is blocking the signal. I've had Dish for eight years and have been selling and installing it for four. I would never go back to cable.|||Stand by to lose signal quality during a rain.|||I have Direct TV - the signal is disrupted whenever there is the littlest storm. I wouldn't switch unless you don't care about that.|||well dish has one problem.. when it is raining heavily the signal breaks up and you shows wont come in.. i had it for a long time..and it was great except when it rains.. and im talking pouring down like crazy rain.. any other time it was fine





but how often doest it really pour down.. i liked the dish.. 100 plus channels for 20 bucks a month when i had it, think we had got a special on it tho..|||we liked Cable except when it went out and took several days to come back on


we then liked DISH until we had to pay for LOCAL CHANNELS


we LOOOOOVE direct TV


good luck|||You may lose signal quality under some conditions. I'm in the same boat but I have a different issue: dish says it supports four TV sets, but can the four sets be tuned to four different channels?|||Why get the dish - Better picture unless you have all digital cable or HDTV cable, lower cost if you stick with it, power source is limited to your home and your generator if you have one (works when power is out elsewhere in the cable system), offers channels not available on cable





Why stick with cable - local cable news if any, no dish to blow away in high winds, works during heavy rain unless heavy rain is over their satellite dish site, easier to discontinue without hidden charges (stories are told here of bills that keep coming), no new equipment to buy because you rent it





Make your own choice|||About 2 years ago I first tried Directv. The picture was phenomenal... until it rained or there was even heavy cloud cover. Then I lost the signal until the weather cleared up. I next tried Dish Network because they lied to me and told me I wouldn't have the weather problem with their system. I did!


Satellite Tv works great as long as the weather is clear. I can't imagine it working in Seattle.|||I have dish TV and live in California the only problem i have is late at night you get tons of infomercials because the programing comes from the east coast. I have never had a problem with losing signal as many others have stated but we rarely get bad weather here.|||YOUR WIFE IS RIGHT!!!


You will always have issues with your t.v when the weather goes bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment