Friday, December 16, 2011

How Do I Connect DVD Player to Dish-TV?

I am renting APT with Dish Network included in rent. I bought DVD player and would like to know how to connect the device. Do I connect the cables white, red, yellow from DVD player to the back of Dish Box? Or do I connect to TV? I tried just to quickly connect to TV and got only video no audio. All the cables where connected in the right way. White to white, red to red and yellow to yelow. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.|||The connectors on the back of the Dish box are outputs, not inputs. Dish box needs to be connected to the TV, as does the DVD player. If you have more than one set of input connectors on the TV, you can connect both and control which input you see and hear with your remote. If not, you may need an external AV switch to determine which input is connected to the TV.





Before you do anything, you ought to consult TV, DVD player and Dish box user manuals for a hook up diagram. Different sets have a variety of connection options. I have no way of knowing what you have sight unseen.

1 comment: