Saturday, December 10, 2011

Can I install the DISH TV recivers i bought on my own myself?

I have a DVR and a single receiver connected right now. I want to connect 3 more tv's and want to use three receivers that I purchased on my own. They are DISH TV receivers. I have cable running through the whole house including where I want the 3 tv's connected. Can I hook up the receivers and just call DISH to activate them over the phone?|||Make sure you have the Dish Network splitter installed that allows four receivers to connect to one dish. You either need to buy this or call them up first to see what to buy. Typically one receiver powers the LNB (low noise block downconverter) element in the dish. You would not want to hook it up improperly and have all 4 receivers powering the LNB as this might result in 4 non-working receivers. The Dish Network installers have the right splitter that takes care of this unless they have made changes to the boxes to take care of this situation.|||if they will they will charge a fee/receiver/month

No comments:

Post a Comment