Saturday, December 10, 2011

If I get direct tv or dish tv can I still record and play my old vhs tapes?

I am thinking of switching from cable to either direct or dish tv. What I need to know will it be possible to set it up so that I can still play and record vhs tapes?|||Of course! However, you may be happy to know, they have a product called a "DVR" (Digital Video Recorder) which will easily record programs for you and provide far more capabilities than a VCR. You don't even have to have a physical holding device like a tape anymore! These are usually free when you sign a contract, along with free installation.





The set up will be similar to your current with cable, if you have a cable box and a VCR.|||You can play them, but I don't know if you can record from a dish box (don't really see why not) but your much better off getting a DVR, VCR is obselete, and quite simply sucks compared to a DVR for ease of recording/playback/commercial skipping, etc.|||When I had cable, I could record one channel while I was watching another. If you get a dish you can only record the channel you're on. - unless you spring for 2 receivers.


Now I have peasant tv!!

No comments:

Post a Comment